The following links from Military.com might help you to find good organizations and opportunities to be of service.
- Adopt a Platoon – Support the troops through gifts and sponsored mail.
- A Million Thanks – Collects emails and letters of appreciation for our armed forces.
- Any Soldier – Sponsor care packages to service members in Iraq.
- Army and Air Force Exchange Services – Purchase gift certificates for active and hospitalized service members.
- Books for Soldiers – Donate books, movies, and more.
- Building for America’s Bravest – Strategic partnership of Tunnels to Tower and Gary Sinise Foundations to drive awareness and build Smart Homes for severely wounded soldiers, such as the Todd Love project in Acworth, GA.
- Cell Phones for Soldiers – Donate your old cell phones, which pay for calling cards for our troops.
- Change4Georgia.org [local] – Serving our troops abroad and helping their families at home.
- Commissary Gift Certificates – Give the gift of groceries — buy or donate gift certificates.
- Give2TheTroops.org – Sends care packages and letters to our troops.
- MoveAmericaForward.org – Sends care packages to our 2-legged and 4-legged heroes. (video)
- One Boy USO [local] – Cody Jackson has made it his personal mission to thank as many of our troops as he can, either by shaking their hand, welcoming them home or sending packages to those still deployed.
- Operation Give – Donate toys to the children of Iraq.
- Operation Gratitude – Contribute to care packages sent to our service members.
- Operation Homefront [local] – Assists military families during difficult times by providing food and other assistance. (local)
- Operation Homefront Hugs – Contribute to care packages, or adopt a service member.
- Operation Troop Aid – Provide care packages for our deployed U.S. Service members.
- Project Mail Call (PMC) [local]– Provides a direct and personal method to send care-boxes and letters to U.S. soldiers serving overseas.
- USO – Many ways to support our troops and their families.
- Wounded Warrior Project [local] – Provides unique programs to meet the needs of injured service members.
Military.com also has many other links to resources that include:
- Help with Mailing Packages
- Health Care, Hospice, and Recovery Organizations Transition
- Scholarships and Vocation Rehabilitation
- Counseling and Other Relief and Support Organizations
- And more…
Other helpful sites include: