Immediate Past President
| Lori Chastain
| Janet Bell
Standing Committee Chairs
NOTE: If more than one person is listed, the first is the Chair.
A. This committee shall consist of a Chairperson, appointed by the President and approved by the Executive Committee and at least two (2) members selected by the Chairperson with Executive Committee approval.
B. This committee shall be responsible for the following:
- Arrangements of the election and the presentations of the following awards: Women of the Year, Mary Aven Award, Sue Everhart Volunteer Award, The Millie Rogers Leadership Award, The Trumpet Award, and any additional awards approved by the Executive Committee.
- Tracking the club’s participation in NFRW awards program and doing monthly reviews of requirements.
- Works with President and chairmen of the Program, Membership & Campaign Activities to incorporate requirements in program
- Completes awards report
- Promotes campaign/volunteer hours program, collects report forms and completes volunteer report form
- Tabulates and forwards 2 copies of report to GFRW President by deadline
- Responsible for conducting the election of\the Mary Aven award nominees at a Board of Directors meeting, tallying election results and arranging presentation of award.
Award is presented annually at the January general membership meeting.
- Responsible for obtaining volunteer hours from Membership Coordinator for each new member to be considered for the Sue Everhart Volunteer Award, calculating new member hours and arranging presentation of award. This award is presented annually at January general membership meeting.
- Responsible for conducting nominations for the Woman of the Year Award and the Millie Rogers Award at a Board of Directors meeting, preparing ballots for election at general membership meeting in November and arranging presentation of awards at the general membership meeting. Awards are presented annually at January general membership meeting.
- Responsible for conducting nominations from the Board of Directors for the Trumpet Award. Responsible for conducting election by Board of Directors, and arranging presentation of the award. This award is presented annually at January general membership meeting.
- Ensures no candidate is nominated for more than one award.
- Works with Parliamentarian to ensure all ballots are tallied and verified at the election meeting. Ballots not tallied and verified before they leave the voting area shall be null and void
- Responsible for the inscriptions and purchase of all awards.
- See Exhibit “A” for CCRWC’s Award Guidelines and Procedures.
- Reviewing Bylaws and Policies and Standing Rules of CCRWC biannually.
- Proposing amendments as necessary to be voted on and approved by the members (for Bylaws) and by the Executive Committee(for Policies and Standing Rules).
- Reviewing annually the Bylaws of NFRW and GFRW to remain in compliance with their Bylaws.
- The CCRWC Parliamentarian is to be a member of this Committee.
- Organize, schedule, and hold Republican candidate forums.
- Organize, schedule, and hold roundup/rallies for Republican candidates.
- Organize door-to-door canvassing.
- Organize GOTV (Get Out The Vote) postcards and assists in other GOTV efforts.
- Compile and provide information on Republican candidates at all levels, names of candidates, office campaign manager, phone numbers, fax, email addresses, etc.
- Make available campaign and other materials on Republican and non-partisan candidates at club meetings.
- Be a contact and resource for Republican candidates to call when in need of information.
- Coordinating community and outreach activities.
- Selecting the charity to collect donation for at every other monthly membership meeting, coordinating with Ways and Means.
- Making CCRWC aware of GFRW and NFRW Caring for America annual project.
- Compiles a Member electronic Database using a contact manager program such as MS Excel and/or other such Contact Manager Program(s).
- Contributing members of the Database committee shall include the Membership Chairman and the Treasurer.
- Inputs/Applies Member’s information to the CCRWC Database acquired from the Membership Application provided by the Membership Chairman to the Database Chairman.
- Provides the electronic Member Database to the CCRWC Webmaster, Treasurer and the Membership Chairman, updated on a monthly basis.
- Provides the Member Database to CCRWC Committees that have a need to contact (invitations, notices, etc) the membership for special CCRWC events or functions.
- Makes available to the members of the Board of Directors a hard copy of the Member Database upon request of the Board member.
- Provides updated Member Database information, on a monthly basis, to the Print Directory Chairman for formulation of the CCRWC Print Directory or Print Directory updates.
- Provides an eDirectory of the Member Database on the CCRWC website (in the Members Only section) that shall be available for members to download.
- Provides Member Database to the Webmaster by the 15th of each month.
- Removes members who are no longer in good standing from the Member Database (which should include only members in good standing) to a separate directory or file of inactive members (eg. unpaid dues).
- Serves as the official keeper of the Membership roster, now known as the Member Database, and shall keep it updated.
- Shall prepare the budget with the CCRWC Treasurer and President
- Shall be a sub-committee of the Finance and Financial Review Committee, as per the CCRWC Bylaws
- Shall be responsible for performing the financial review of the Treasurer’s books at the end of each fiscal year before the books are turned over to successor, if a CPA has not been designated.
- The Financial Review shall be completed and books (and records) turned over to the successor no later than the last day of February.
- Three (3) members shall be appointed by the Board of Directors, as per the CCRWC Bylaws.
- The Executive Committee may retain a CPA to perform a full audit if deemed warranted.
- Maintaining the club scrapbook
- Presenting scrapbook to outgoing president at the installation meeting
- Collecting photographs and other memorabilia
- Taking photographs at all CCRWC meetings and events.
- Assisting the Assistant Treasurer in providing and preparing name tags at each meeting, function and event.
- Decorations for meeting and various events. Assisting in the setup of the room for meetings and other events.
- Greeting members at each meeting and other functions.
- Ordering and distributing permanent name badge to members who have ordered and paid for a badge.
- Securing Hostesses for tables at luncheon meetings.
- Monitor both State and National legislation for bills of interest to all Republicans.
- Contact members to alert them on actions (Action Alerts) necessary for various bills that may be considered on the local, state and federal level from GFRW, NFRW or the Republican Party after discussion and review by the Board of Directors.
- Action Alerts shall be in compliance with NFRW policy to inform the public through political education and activity and must be of a Legislative issue and not a personal cause. Alerts shall not instruct the member to be “for” or “against” the issue.
- Action Alerts shall consist of eblast or US Mail flyers to the membership recommending they contact their elected Representatives/officials to support or reject proposed legislation. A synopsis of the bill or legislation with a link to the full document shall be provided to the members for their review in the Action Alert.
- Secure a sponsor for each General Meeting according to guidelines established by Board of Directors,
- Ensure each sponsor is in compliance with Bylaw and Policy and Standing Rules restrictions, including, but not limited to, not being a contested candidate in the primary,
- Acquire approval from President of Sponsor,
- Notify Newsletter of Sponsor,
- Ensure payment is received and forwarded to treasurer.
- Recruiting new members.
- Considering all requests for membership and determine if he/she meets the guidelines for membership, as specified in the Bylaws.
- Collecting dues and submitting to treasurer for deposit per Bylaws.
- Providing member information and assisting Database Chairman in maintaining the membership roster.
- Membership Chairman shall:
- Prepare monthly updates of membership count/total and provide said information to Database Chairman and the Treasurer.
- Coordinate with the Database Chairman and Treasurer to ensure that the membership records and dues are accurate and balanced in a Master spreadsheet or database (e.g., MS-Excel or MS-Access)
- Provide membership report to President, Treasurer, Recording and Corresponding Secretary noting all new members.
- Provide membership activities to Newsletter chairman.
- Collaborate with the Database Chairman, who is the official keeper of the membership roster, to maintain an updated membership roster.
- Develop programs and projects to recruit and retain members with President’s approval.
- Arranging and preparing programs for general meetings after consulting with the President and upon approval of the President.
- Assisting Special Events committee with program needs and coordination.
- Securing a book from NFRW Mamie Eisenhower Literary Program (MELP) book list.
- Book is to be donated to a non-profit in the name of the speakers in lieu of giving a gift to the program speaker.
- Preparing program information for distribution to Publicity chairman and Publication chairman for release to Media, e-newsletter and newsletter editors with the President’s approval.
- January general membership meeting is to be for awards presentation.
- Chairman of this committee shall be the Immediate Past President.
A. Print Communication Sub-Committee
- Print or have printed a hard copy of the Newsletter to be mailed to non-email members.
- Work with Electronic Sub-Committee in collecting information for Newsletter (print and electronic versions). SEE Exhibit “C” Article Submission Policy.
- Work with Publication Chairman to write, edit, and do layout for print Newsletter.
- At the discretion of the President, a Newsletter shall be mailed to all members rather than sent via email.
- With information provided by the Database Committee, the Print Sub-Committee shall print or have printed mailing labels.
- Print Newsletter shall be distributed or mailed by U.S. Postal Service.
- Assist Electronic Sub-Committee and Publication Chairman with e-Newsletter.
- The Newsletter shall be sent at the direction of the President and Publication Chairman.
B. Electronic Communication Sub-Committee
- Shall send the e-Newsletter, on a monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual basis. This shall be done at the discretion of the Publication Chairman and the President.
- Shall coordinate with the Publication Committee Chairman and the President regarding eblast notifications of special events and/or action.
- Shall assist CCRWC Corresponding Secretary with e-Notifications of official Notices to the membership.
- Work with Print Sub-Committee in collecting information for the Newsletter (print and electronic version).
- Shall provide the Webmaster, at the same time as distribution to the members, a copy of the e-newsletter so it can be uploaded to the website.
- Shall maintain all social media, posting and monitoring posts on Facebook, Twitter, and other Club social media sites.
- The Webmaster shall keep the CCRWC site up-to-date with input provided by the President and Publication Chairman
- The Webmaster shall keep an updated copy of the CCRWC Directory on the site.The Webmaster shall keep a copy of the E-Directory on the website which shall be password protected. Each member should be given the password to be able to retrieve the E-Directory at will.
- The Webmaster shall be responsible for putting the electronic newsletter on the CCRWC site at the direction of the Electronic Newsletter Chairman, who shall be directed by the President.
- Contact media regarding upcoming meetings, programs, special events or other items of interest.
- Send press releases to media regarding updates/information concerning members of the club that may have received special recognition/awards.
- Send email notifications to State, Local and other GOP Clubs regarding upcoming events.
- Attend meetings and take photos of guest speakers/award winners/special guests (or arrange for coverage of event) and submit to local media.
- Collect news articles concerning CCRWC and give to Historian for records.
- Coordinate all media regarding the CCRWC Veterans Celebration including contacting media, designing and purchasing ads from MDJ, Brightside, and East Cobber.
- Establish and maintain file of media contacts of local and metro media.
A. This committee shall be responsible for:
- Publicity and handling of applications for NFRW scholarships and internship (Betty Rendel, Kabis & Pathfinders).
- Developing strategies and goals to promote the NFRW scholarships
- Arranging special events and establishing a campaign structure for CCRWC scholarship with approval of the Executive Committee.
- Receiving scholarship applications, reviewing them and selecting recipient(s) with total scholarships awarded to be based on available funds and qualified recipients.
- Notifying via letter the recipient(s) of the CCRWC scholarship and arrange for her/them to attend the June meeting as a guest of CCRWC
- Notifying via letter all applicants who did not win the scholarship.
- Using Scholarship rubric for evaluating applications.
- Maintaining and making available sample letters in Scholarship Chairman notebook.
B. This committee shall be approved by the President and shall consist of a chairman and two additional members for a total of three members. Each member shall have been a member of CCRWC for at least three years.
Email this committee.
- Holding at least one (1) fundraiser per year and assist other CCRWC Committees in fundraising.
- Having door prizes at every other monthly membership meeting and special events, coordinating this with Caring for America.
- Ordering Presidential pins for Incoming and Outgoing Presidents.
- Is appointed by the President with the approval of the Executive Committee.
- Performs Invocations and Grace (Blessing of the Meal), at the direction of the President, at all or any CCRWC functions and/or events.
- Advises and assist the President, the Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors on any spiritual and/or emotional needs of the Executive Committee, Board of Directors and the members at large.
- Has no vote, but does have a voice at Board Meetings.
- Ministers to the members in need of help and/or assistance.
- Serves as a spiritual advisor to the President and members of the Board of Directors.
- Is appointed by the President with the approval of the Executive Committee.
- Has a solid understanding of the CCRWC Bylaws, CCRWC Policies and Standing Rules, and Robert’s Rules of Order (newly revised – current edition). Maintains a copy of the GFRW and NFRW Bylaws for reference.
- Advises and assists the President, the Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors in parliamentary procedure, according to latest revised version of Robert’s Rules of Order, the CCRWC Bylaws, and the CCRWC Policies and Standing Rules.
- Has no vote, except in the case of a ballot/paper vote.
- Maintains a current hard copy and an electronic version of these bylaws; making them available to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee in an unaltered state until, and if, there are adopted revisions.
- Serves as an observer and advisor at any elections requiring paper ballots; and presides over the counting of all ballots.
- Shall verify all votes before ballots leave the voting location. Ballots not tallied and verified before they leave the voting location shall be null and void.
- Shall be a member of CCRWC in good standing and hold no other voting position.
- Shall formulate, by February, the “Action Dates” Calendar for the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors, in accordance with the dictates of these Bylaws.