Caring for America focuses on both community outreach and supporting our troops.
The GFRW (Georgia Federation of Republican Women) advocates community service through participation in the following programs under the direction of the NFRW (National Federation of Republican Women):
- Caring for America – Encourages volunteerism and private sector initiatives at the local, state, and national levels
- Support Our Troops – Encourages local clubs and members to show support for the Armed Forces by engaging in projects that aid our U.S. troops and their families
- Education and Literacy – A series of programs that promote education and literacy in our nation’s communities
- Patriotism – Resources, links, and program ideas designed to help federation members raise awareness of flag protocol and promote patriotism in their communities
- Mamie Eisenhower Library Project (MELP) – Fosters Republican philosophy and ideas through the donation of related books to libraries, schools, hospitals, other institutions, and more
Wynn McCurdy, Caring for America Chairman